I found this recipe on pinterest and made a double batch for a super bowl party we went to. I doubled this recipe and I made one batch plain cheese and one batch pepperoni and cheese. These went SO fast I barely even got any! And we loved them so much my husband made them the next day for us for lunch! This recipe came from "Kristine's Kitchen" blog.
* 1 pizza dough (I used Pillsbury pizza crust)
* 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cubed (I used a pinch of shredded instead)
* Sliced pepperoni (I made some with and some without)
* Olive oil
* Italian seasoning and garlic salt
* Grated Parmesan Cheese
* Jar of Pizza sauce (I used Ragu Pizza Sauce)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.
2. Divide dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces. Top each dough piece with a slice or two of pepperoni and some of the cheese. Pull edges of dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat with each square.
3. Lightly brush tops of dough balls with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasonings and parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm with dipping sauce as desired. (I poured half my jar of Ragu into a glass bowl, placed a paper towel over the top, and microwaved 1-2 minutes until sauce is warm to hot. Serve on the side for dipping or people can spoon the sauce over theirs.)
|Pinch sides of dough around topping|
|Make sure you pinch together good to close|
|Place balls in buttered (or use Pam) baking dish, seam side down|
|Here are my two batches... one with cheese only in the middle|
|I used a brush and brushed olive oil over the tops of them, Then I sprinkled with seasonings and generously sprinkled with fresh grated parmesan cheese.|
|They are ready to pop in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden.|
|My husband made this batch for the kids and decided to get creative and put cheddar cheese on the top of half...|