I love this pasta, with or without the salsa! You have to REALLY like spicy food to like the salsa. Use sparingly! A little goes a long way. I like spice... but I really like the flavor, as well as the spice, of this salsa. My husband won't go near the salsa. He really likes the pasta though so i just make the salsa for myself and any friends. The hardest part of this recipe is de-seeding and washing the habanero peppers! Make sure you use gloves and try not to inhale the peppers. IT HURTS!!
The other hard thing about this dish is finding the spice pack it calls for. I can't find them in the area where I live. I know they are sold in Miami. I've also found them on line. I would google to see if they are sold in your area. Here is the website I found for the TUCO seasoning to order on line.
*1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
*1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
*1/2 can tomato paste
*1 box angel hair pasta
*1 packet TUCO seasonings
*1 red onion- large chopped
*2 garlic cloves- minced
*1 tsp cumin
*1/2 tsp pepper and salt
*3-4 chicken breasts
Salsa (optional) (recipe below)
1. Dice chicken and satay with olive oil until done. Remove chicken.
2. In same pan, place onions and garlic- satay
3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, packet of TUCO spices, and cumin at this time. Cook on medium 5-6 minutes and stir well.
4. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. While this is cooking, start cooking your noodles.
5. Add chicken and a little more olive oil.
6. Drain your noodles when they are done and add to the sauce pan. Stir well. Serve with bread and salsa!
*1/4 cup olive oil
*the juice of 2 limes
*2 garlic cloves
*handful of fresh basil (optional) Some times I use basil, sometimes I don't.
Put in a food processor until smooth.
I use the salsa on the side and dip my chicken in it or put a few DROPS on pasta and mix into it. Again, use sparingly unless you love spice!!
|Here is what the TUCO Tallarini spice pack looks like|
|Satay chicken till done and then remove from pan|
|Add onion and garlic to pan and satay|
|Boil noodles till done|
|Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, seasoning packet and cumin. Cook and stir well.|
|Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer.|
|Add to the angle hair pasta and mix well|
|Notice my small side of salsa:)|
|putting the habaneros in the food processor along with olive oil, lime juice, and garlic|
|Put in processor till smooth. Add basil if desired.|