This recipe was inspired by deals at my grocery store:) They had an awesome deal on Chicken Patties so I bought a few packs. I'd never made chicken burgers before and I didn't want to make a normal burger... it sounded too boring and dry. We love chicken parmesan so I decided to make a chicken parmesan burger (healthier than the real thing since it's not breaded or fried too!!) They turned out really good and we all gobbled them right up! I will definitely be making these again!
*4 Chicken Patties (Foster Farms sells them- 4 to a package)
*4 Buns (I bought a four pack of Sweet Hawaiian Buns... YUM!!!)
*1 Cup of your favorite Marinara Sauce (We like Prego Traditional- Heart Healthy)
*4 oz Fresh Mozzarella Ball- Cut into 4 slices (I had an 8 oz ball and used half)
*Nature Seasonings (or salt and pepper)
*8 FRESH basil leaves (optional- we used them because I grow it in my garden. Kids went without)
1) Defrost the patties overnight in the fridge.
2) Season both sides of patties with seasonings and preheat grill
3) Grill patties until done (time varies)
4) During last minute or two on grill- add the cheese slice to each burger. Once cheese is melted, remove from grill.
5) Place each chicken burger on bun. Top with sauce and 2 basil leaves each (if you are using basil). You can also have extra sauce on the side for dipping (My husband is a dipper!)
We served with a side salad and some fresh fruit.
|Season both sides of patties|
|Cut cheese slices into aprox 1/2 inch slices|
|take off grill after cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through|
|place on bun and add your sauce.|