My friend was always talking about this tortellini soup she would make. I always wanted to try it, but I'm just not a huge soup person. I'll eat it for a day but I tend to throw out leftovers. I decided to try her recipe anyway, changing a few things and adding Kale to it. I served it for dinner along side crusty bread and the whole family really loved it and we even ate the leftovers along side sandwiches the next day for lunch!!
- *1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- *1.5 cups diced carrot
- *1 cup diced celery
- *1 cup diced sweet onion
- *2 garlic cloves minced
- *32 oz low sodium chicken broth
- *1 cup water
- *2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I use Rotisserie Chicken)
- *Package of Buitoni Brand Mixed Cheese Tortellini (I get the one that has both white and green noodles)
- *Bunch Kale Shredded
- *Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. In large sauce pan (6 quart), heat up your olive oil and add your garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring well. Add seasonings.
- 2. Add chicken broth, water, and shredded chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn down heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Uncover and turn heat back up to medium. Add your kale and tortellini and cook for another 5 minutes, or until all the tortellini float to the top and are cooked through.
- 4. Season more if needed. Feel free to grate some fresh parmesan cheese over the top:)