Ok, so not a very creative name... maybe I'll rename it one day, but I was giving this recipe by a friend who served it at her daughters bday party. I had to leave before they served it, but someone must have asked for the recipe so she emailed it out. It's SO easy, especially since I had everything already, and it's so good! The kids LOVED it too!! I've made it twice this week!! You can make it and serve it along side veggies and rice, or you can make it into a chicken sandwich. Or even cut it up on top of a salad!
Marinade 3-4 chicken breasts in the following ingredients for at least 4 hours. I recommend more if you can. Then just grill it! So easy! I only changed/added a few things... here is the original recipe sent by my friend Melissa...
8/15/12- I made this SO much now that I buy the big bags of chicken breasts from costco and box of freezer gallon size zip lock bags. I triple the marinade recipe and pour it into 3-4 different bags. Then in each bag I place 3-4 chicken breasts in. I put them in the freezer with the date on them. Whenever I know I'm going to make this (typically whenever I don't have another meal planned), I put a bag in my fridge, either the night before or that am, and it marinades while it defrosts. Then I just grill or bake the chicken!! I always eat it the first night over rice with a veggie and any left overs I slice up and serve on my salad for lunch the next day. I can't tell you how much I love this chicken... and I know you will too!!
* 2 Tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil because I didn't have veg oil)
* 1/4 cup honey
* 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I did cilantro once on accident... still great!)
* 1 tsp ginger (I grated fresh ginger or I buy the already minced ginger that comes in a tube usually sold by fresh herbs in your salad area of the store)
* 1/2 tsp black pepper (I also added some nature seasonings and a dash of garlic powder)