Why this blog??

Why this blog?? I often find myself stressing over what to make for my family for dinner. We live a busy life and some meals need time to prep, cook and let's not forget shopping for everything you need. I love cookbooks and websites, but there are so many recipe's at times it is overwhelming. The recipe's I will be posting are things I actually made. I will tell you if they are easy or more time consuming. I will also tell you if they are good. Most of these are recipe's I have made for years and continue to make because they are easy or quick and my family loves them and i know yours will too! I will also try to at least once in a whlie try a new recipe I've found on line or in a book and honestly rate it. I always encourage others to send me their favorite recipe's as well! I am a mom... not a chef. But I am a mom who enjoys cooking for her family and making a somewhat healthy meal (some days more healthy than others:) ) In each recipe I will share how I recommend serving it, any substitutions I can think of that are also good, or ways to prepare ahead of time to make the cooking part seem quicker! I am not a photographer, as you can see... most of these pictures are taken from my phone camera, so may not be the best! I love to hear from others who have made these recipes and what they have done to change the recipe... please post comments! Thank you! To "like" me on facebook, go to this link... It's What's Cookin

Friday, December 23, 2011

Ice Cream Cake?



I'm not sure exactly what to call this dessert or where the recipe originated. My friend made it for us after we had our second child and we LOVE it!!! It's heavenly! 

*1 box of ice cream sandwiches (12 sandwiches)
*1 lg tub cool whip
*1 bag oreo cookies (or you can use Crushed up heath bars, butterfingers...) Pound the oreos, or candy bars, with a meat pounder in a plastic bag. 


1. Mix 3/4 of the crushed up cookies or candy in with the cool whip. 
2. Layer the pan with a layer of ice cream sandwiches tightly.  You may have to cut some in half to make it fit.
3. Then put a layer of the whipped cream mixture. 
4. Repeat these steps again an sprinkle remaining crumbles on top to finish it off. (or in my picture, I topped with whole oreos and I only crushed up 3/4 of the oreos and mixed all crushed with cool whip. 
5. Then put in freezer for at least a half hour to an hour to form up the whipped cream again.

Cut into squares and ENJOY!!
Put down your first layer of sandwiches, top with layer of the cool whip/cookie mixture


Here is the mixture of the cool whip and crushed oreos mixed together well


Fully cover sandwich layer with half of the coolwhip mixture


add your second layer of sandwiches... packed in tightly


Add the rest of your coolwhip/cookie mixture


Top with your crushed cookies (candies) or as I did, I topped with whole oreos!


DeLISH!

No comments: