I love this meal. Everytime my mom is in town I have her make it for me. It's great served over sticky rice and we always serve with a green veggie on the side (steamed broccoli, sauteed green beans or a salad). It's great for leftovers as well! She uses her electric skillet to make this, if you don't have one I'm sure any big skillet over the stove top or a wok would work as well! My kids don't eat this, what I do is fry up some plain chicken breasts in the skillet before I start making our meal. They eat those plain with the veggie and sometimes a little rice.
*3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes (We used 1.5 lbs chicken tenders and left them whole)
*2-3 garlic cloves- minced
*1 T salt
*1 T pepper
*1/2 T curry powder
*1 cup flour
*1/2 cup butter
*1 quart fresh sliced mushrooms
*1/4- 1/2 cup Amaretto
*1T fresh lemon juice (We use a whole big lemon + slice an extra lemon to serve on the side... I LOVE lemon!)
*1 1/2 cups chicken broth
*1 T cornstarch
*1/2 cup sliced almonds (we used 2 cans of sliced water chestnuts instead)
1) Sprinkle curry powder, salt and pepper (or Nature Seasoning) over chicken. Place in fridge for one hour.
2) Toss chicken with flour and shake off excess.
3) In Fry pan, saute mushrooms with butter until done. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
4) Add garlic and chicken to fry pan and saute chicken until it is just done- don't overcook. Add mushrooms back to pan. Add water chestnuts
5) In separate bowl, mix chicken broth with the corn starch and mix well. Add to pan along with amaretto and lemon juice. Stir till thickened while cooking on medium heat.
|Mixing chicken with flour and seasonings|
|Saute mushrooms first, then set aside|
|Saute chicken until done and then add your mushrooms back.|
|add the waterchestnuts, chicken broth/cornstarch mixture, amaretto and lemon juice.|
|Serve over rice with a lemon slice|
|I like to cut my chicken up and stir it all together and mix the sauce in with the rice! YUM|