*2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread
*1 slice cheese (I do cheddar or american)
*1 tsp butter spread
*3 thin slices of deli turkey
*1/2 avocado cut into 4 wedges
1. Take one piece of bread and lightly butter one side.
2. Place a fry pan over medium heat on the stove. Once heated, place the buttered piece of bread in the pan- butter side down. Now place the cheese on top.
3. Once cheese starts melting on the bread, place the turkey on top of the cheese. Then add the 4 avocado slices on top of the turkey. Place top piece of bread on top.
4. Flip over and toast for another 30 seconds or so till bread on bottom turns a bit golden.
5. Cut on a diagonal and serve.
I love how the cheese and turkey are hot and melted and the avocado stays cool and creamy tasting with the semi crunchy bread. I serve this with my daughters favorite snack- Apple slices and 1T of peanut butter for dipping her apple in. A cold glass of milk for her and some ice tea for me makes this a great lunch!
|cheese starting to melt|
|after being flipped over|