Why this blog??

Why this blog?? I often find myself stressing over what to make for my family for dinner. We live a busy life and some meals need time to prep, cook and let's not forget shopping for everything you need. I love cookbooks and websites, but there are so many recipe's at times it is overwhelming. The recipe's I will be posting are things I actually made. I will tell you if they are easy or more time consuming. I will also tell you if they are good. Most of these are recipe's I have made for years and continue to make because they are easy or quick and my family loves them and i know yours will too! I will also try to at least once in a whlie try a new recipe I've found on line or in a book and honestly rate it. I always encourage others to send me their favorite recipe's as well! I am a mom... not a chef. But I am a mom who enjoys cooking for her family and making a somewhat healthy meal (some days more healthy than others:) ) In each recipe I will share how I recommend serving it, any substitutions I can think of that are also good, or ways to prepare ahead of time to make the cooking part seem quicker! I am not a photographer, as you can see... most of these pictures are taken from my phone camera, so may not be the best! I love to hear from others who have made these recipes and what they have done to change the recipe... please post comments! Thank you! To "like" me on facebook, go to this link... It's What's Cookin

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Veggie Goat Cheese Lasagna

Thanks to my friend KP for the amazing recipe!! I am in love with it! My husband won't eat it so this will be a meal I make for girls night or a night he won't be home for dinner. I had a friend over tonight for this and she is just as hooked as I am on it! We ate half the pan! Not the healthiest of meals, but ohhh sooo yummy!

*1 box no bake lasagna noodles
*1 jar Alfredo Sauce (I like Classico's Light Creamy Alfredo Sacue)
*1 jar red sauce (I like Prego traditional)
*1 head of asparagus- chop into 1 inch pieces
*1 medium zucchini- cut into half moons
*1 can quartered artichokes- drain
*Goat cheese- crumbled
*1 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the two sauces together in a bowl. In baking pan, start by placing enough sauce on bottom of pan to coat pan. Place lasagna noodles over. Then sprinkle half the veggies and follow by taking half the goat cheese and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkling evenly over. pour more sauce over and repeat layer one more time. End by topping noodles with sauce and last 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.  (Should be two layers of veggie and cheese, 3 layers of noodles)

Cover and bake for 45 mins. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 mins. I serve this with bread and salad.

I will do a better job of taking pictures next time I make this, here is the finished product after a few pieces were missing. This is a MUST try!

No comments: