Why this blog??

Why this blog?? I often find myself stressing over what to make for my family for dinner. We live a busy life and some meals need time to prep, cook and let's not forget shopping for everything you need. I love cookbooks and websites, but there are so many recipe's at times it is overwhelming. The recipe's I will be posting are things I actually made. I will tell you if they are easy or more time consuming. I will also tell you if they are good. Most of these are recipe's I have made for years and continue to make because they are easy or quick and my family loves them and i know yours will too! I will also try to at least once in a whlie try a new recipe I've found on line or in a book and honestly rate it. I always encourage others to send me their favorite recipe's as well! I am a mom... not a chef. But I am a mom who enjoys cooking for her family and making a somewhat healthy meal (some days more healthy than others:) ) In each recipe I will share how I recommend serving it, any substitutions I can think of that are also good, or ways to prepare ahead of time to make the cooking part seem quicker! I am not a photographer, as you can see... most of these pictures are taken from my phone camera, so may not be the best! I love to hear from others who have made these recipes and what they have done to change the recipe... please post comments! Thank you! To "like" me on facebook, go to this link... It's What's Cookin

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Easy Breakfast Muffin Quiches


A friend of mine gave me an easy breakfast idea that she makes for her family. She uses Pillsbury crescent rolls, bell pepper, cheese and eggs. I used what I had on hand and adapted to my family's liking. The thing I liked best about this is you can customize each quiche to what your family likes. I like veggies in mine, my daughter and husband don't... I think they would be really good with bacon in them as well!!

(I could not find our muffin tin this morning. We have a tin we use for brownies that are more rectangular, (You can see in the pictures), so i had to play with the biscuits to make them fit.

*1 tub of pillsbury grande biscuits (I pulled them in half to make them thinner (so a tub of 8 will make 16    of these) Or you can use crescent rolls and cut into circles.
*4 eggs
*cheese (I used shredded cheddar for most of them, and crumbled feta for ones with the veggies)
*chopped veggies (I used chopped frozen spinach and chopped fresh broccoli)
*1/4 cup milk
*pepper and salt

1.Spray cupcake tin with pam and place biscuit in bottom (i pinched them up sides about 1/4 of the way)
2.Put eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat well.
3.Place your cheese and any veggies or bacon on top of the biscuit.
4.Pour egg mixture over tops, only filling to halfway mark.
5.Bake at 375 for 12 minutes, or until eggs are cooked though. Use a toothpick to see if they are cooked through.

I had to use a rectangle pan, so i did 2 1/2 biscuits per rectangle and flattened them and pinched dough up sides 1/4 way.

I added shredded cheddar cheese into the ones for my husband and daughter

Chopped spinach and broccoli

The two on left are chopped spinach and broccoli, bottom middle has the veggies and cheddar, others with just cheddar

I did one egg mixture plain and one with crumbled feta that i used for the ones with the veggies.

pour egg mixture in so it is filled half way (they will rise as they bake




Quiche with broccoli, spinach and fat free feta

Quiche with cheddar cheese



YUM

No comments: